Business Development Manager
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Whipcord is looking for a sharp, tenacious and passionate sales professional to add to our growing team to meet the needs of our expanding business. This is truly an exciting opportunity to be a part of a growing company!
We are entrepreneurs, rocket scientists, programmers, farmers, data scientists and deal-makers whose mission is to fundamentally reshape how we produce food by using technology, data and artificial intelligence to drive profitability and sustainability in agriculture. We are achieving this with our firm foundation in data services and our deep roots and cutting edge products in agriculture. Whether it's with First Pass for our agriculture customers or Cloud Solutions for our enterprise customers, we believe in simple solutions that help our neighbours produce more.
For nearly two decades Whipcord has been a Canadian success story, becoming an industry leader in data services with operations across Canada and we are proud of our supportive, loyal customer base. We see the passion people have for their business, and it excites us to know we can help others take it to the next level by providing solutions through our cloud solutions product set:
- Backup & Replication
- Network Services
Empowered by passionate staff that build deep customer partnerships, we are leveraging our infrastructure and technology to drive customer solutions that allow our customer’s businesses to grow in the connected age.
The Business Development Manager will work closely with Whipcord’s leadership and marketing teams and is primarily responsible for developing new accounts in Alberta for our Cloud Solutions products. The Sales Manager will set strategy, growth and revenue priorities in line with Whipcord’s vision and profitability targets. The compensation plan is generous, uncapped and rewards candidates who can bring in new customers, exceed sales targets and close deals.
- Business Acumen: Adept at identifying and attracting new customers and opportunities. Leverage knowledge of current industry best practices to position Whipcord as a trusted solutions provider. Actively demonstrates knowledge of competitive products in the marketplace to proactively position Whipcord against competitors.
- Drive for Results: Identify and evaluate potential business opportunities and close new accounts within Alberta’s SMB marketplace. Focuses energy on multiple opportunities, methodically and consistently executes according to plan, and builds and manages a healthy and growing funnel of potential opportunities.
- Communication: Actively investigates the clients’ needs through effective questioning and listening skills. Delivers clear, concise presentations with enthusiasm and passion that demonstrate knowledge of Whipcord’s core products.
- Negotiating: Exudes confidence and demonstrates professional and responsible decision-making in stressful or unexpected situations. Understands elements of ‘win-win’ approach to negotiation and develops effective negotiation tactics prior to meeting the prospect customer.
- Relationships: Builds effective relationships with customers to grow existing accounts and boost revenue through upselling and cross selling. Collaborates with peers, managers, and co-workers across all departments in Whipcord.
- Technical diploma, bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Business or IT.
- 3+ years of experience in IT sales with strong solution selling skills and a track record of building new business.
- Comprehensive knowledge of data center offerings to enterprise customers that include colocation, managed hosting, storage, infrastructure as a service (IaaS), network connectivity solutions and cloud solutions considered an asset.
- Proven new business acquisition track record and driving a deal from inception through to close.
- Knowledge of sales principles, ability to develop and execute a territory plan and sales campaigns, and previous experience with CRM software.
- Experience managing customer relationships.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Outgoing and energetic with a positive outlook with client and team success as the ultimate goal.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and take initiative.
- Confident and mature, not shy to speak up and volunteer new ideas within a team-based environment.
- Enjoys a fast paced/work hard culture within a fun and engaging work environment.
- Knowledge seeker who enjoys self-development and strives for advancement.
- Enjoys occasional travel; this would include trade shows and support of customers.
- Someone who thrives in a fluid role with a rapidly expanding company that is always evolving.
If you are looking to join a great team, please submit your resume via the form below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank everyone for their interest in this exciting opportunity, however, only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted.