Inside Sales Representative
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Whipcord is looking for a sharp, tenacious and passionate Inside Sales Representative who will strengthen our Sales Team as we grow our existing accounts and develop new business opportunities in Alberta. This is truly an exciting opportunity to be a part of a growing company!
At Whipcord, we come to work every day to help our customers solve their critical business problems. We see the passion people have for their business, and it excites us to know we can help others take it to the next level by providing solutions through our core products:
- Backup & Replication
- Network Services
When passion gets powered with new insight, the possibilities are quite extraordinary. For nearly two decades Whipcord has been a Canadian success story, becoming an industry leader in data services with operations across Canada and we are proud of our supportive, loyal customer base. Empowered by passionate staff that build deep customer partnerships and leveraging technology to drive customer solutions, we are building a connected age that serves everyone, everywhere.
The Inside Sales Representative will work hand in hand with the Sales and Marketing teams and will be responsible for various functions and duties. These duties and responsibilities include:
- Nurturing and warming of all sales leads and opportunities to qualify an opportunity in order to hand off to the applicable Regional Sales Manager.
- Assist Regional Sales Managers with opportunity identification.
- New business prospecting and development, including cold calling; scheduling and conducting client introductions, face to face client meetings; preparing presentations, demonstrations, proposals, and value propositions to assigned accounts.
- Conduct initial research on prospects, their needs and identify the prospects appropriate points of contact.
- Responsible for starting and managing the warming cycle, including cold and warm calls in existing and new markets.
- Generate customer sales quotes.
- CRM management.
- Account and Industry research.
- Together with Marketing, manage logistics of participation in industry events.
- Participate and assist Regional Sales Managers at industry events.
- Together with Marketing, Regional Sales Managers and vendors, as applicable, to increase brand profile and create excitement within targeted markets.
- Manage the onboarding process for new customers.
- Assist the Regional Sales Managers and Marketing with RFP responses
*Additional duties will be reviewed during the interview process
- Inside sales experience with a track record of building new business
- IT industry experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products
- Experience in CRM management would be considered an asset
- Strong solution selling skills and results driven
- Clear and concise communication skills with strong telephone skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Outgoing and energetic with a positive outlook with client and team success as the ultimate goal
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and take initiative
- Confident and mature, not shy to speak up and volunteer new ideas within a team-based environment
- Collaborative and can work with multiple stakeholders and departments
- Enjoys a fast paced/work hard culture within a fun and engaging work environment
- Knowledge seeker who enjoys self-development and strives for advancement
- Enjoys occasional travel; this would include trade shows and support of customers and Regional Sales Managers
- Someone who thrives in a fluid role that is always evolving
If you are looking to join a great team, please submit your resume via the form below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank everyone for their interest in this exciting opportunity, however, only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted.