Whipcord is looking for two sharp, tenacious and passionate Sales Representatives to add to our team focused on First Pass to meet the needs of our expanding agriculture business. These individuals will strengthen our Sales Team as we grow our existing accounts and develop new business opportunities across the wheat and corn belts of the United States. This is truly an exciting opportunity to be a part of a growing company and the evolution of precision ag!
Why Whipcord and First Pass?
We are entrepreneurs, rocket scientists, programmers, farmers, data scientists and deal-makers whose mission is to fundamentally reshape how we produce food by using technology, data and artificial intelligence to drive profitability and sustainability in agriculture. With a firm foundation in technology solutions and deep roots in agriculture, we believe in simple solutions that help our neighbours produce more. We are driving to empower the digital transformation of agriculture.
First Pass uses proprietary algorithms and machine learning to optimize route selection for in-field equipment operations. First Pass results in improved profit margins, reduced soil compaction, greater equipment utilization and easier fleet management with users experiencing average field cost savings of 5-7% without the need for any new guidance hardware or equipment. First Pass makes guidance better.
The Sales Representative will work hand in hand with the Sales and Marketing teams in connection with the growth and advancement of First Pass in the wheat and corn belts of the United States. The compensation plan is generous, uncapped, and rewards candidates who can bring in new customers, exceed sales targets, and close deals. These duties and responsibilities include:
- Business Acumen: Adept at identifying and attracting new customers and opportunities. Leverage knowledge of precision agriculture trends and best practices to position First Pass as a trusted solution. Actively demonstrates knowledge of competitive products in the marketplace to proactively position First Pass against competitors.
- Drive for Results: Identify and evaluate potential business opportunities and close new accounts within the United States agricultural marketplace. Focuses energy on multiple opportunities, methodically and consistently executes according to plan, and builds and manages a healthy and growing funnel of potential opportunities.
- Communication: Describes and demonstrates the benefits of First Pass to growers and partners, including the different value propositions for each segment in different regions. Delivers clear, concise presentations with enthusiasm and passion that demonstrate knowledge of First Pass and grain and oilseed production in the region through multiple channels.
- Negotiating: Exudes confidence and demonstrates professional and responsible decision-making in stressful or unexpected situations. Understands elements of ‘win-win’ approach to negotiation and develops effective negotiation tactics prior to meeting the prospect customer.
- Relationships: Builds effective relationships with customers and partners to grow existing accounts, referral business and boost revenue. Collaborates with peers, managers, and co-workers across all functions of the First Pass team.
*Additional duties will be reviewed during the interview process
- Agricultural sales experience with a track record of building new business
- Understanding of precision agriculture tools and associated farm equipment
- Technologically inclined
- Strong customer service skills and problem-solving abilities
- Clear and concise communication skills with strong telephone skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Outgoing and energetic with a positive outlook with client and team success as the ultimate goal
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and take initiative
- Confident and mature, not shy to speak up and volunteer new ideas within a team-based environment
- Collaborative and can work with multiple stakeholders and departments
- Enjoys a fast paced/work hard culture within a fun and engaging work environment
- Knowledge seeker who enjoys self-development and strives for advancement
- Enjoys occasional travel; this would include trade shows and support of other Sales Representatives in the United States and Canada
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products
- Experience in CRM management would be considered an asset
- Licensed and insurable driver
- Someone who thrives in a fluid role with a rapidly expanding company that is always evolving
If you are looking to join a great team, please submit your resume via the form below or email us at email@example.com. We thank everyone for their interest in this exciting opportunity, however, only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted.