About the Role
Whipcord Edge is looking for a bright, positive and energetic person to join our team as a Data Centre Technician. This is an exciting opportunity with a company very focused on growth. The role will assist with the care of our Toronto data centre from basic physical maintenance through assisting our Network Operations Centre as needed supporting network infrastructure, physical and virtual environments, storage systems, and backup environments. The successful candidate will be a contributing staff member who is always focused on customer service.
About Whipcord Edge
Whipcord Edge owns and operates a two data centres and a cross Canada network that stretches from Vancouver to Toronto. Our Tier 3 designed data centres are in Lethbridge, Alberta (LDC01) and Toronto, Ontario (TDC01) with POP facilities in Vancouver (VAN01), Calgary (CAL01) and Toronto’s carrier hotel (TOR01). Our Toronto (TDC01) location is connected by Dark Fibre to the carrier hotel (TOR01). Since 2011, Whipcord Edge has established itself as a national provider of IT services and we are proud of our supportive, loyal customer base.
We are a high-performance infrastructure company offering data protection services that are customer focused and flexible within our five areas of specialization:
- Infrastructure as a Service (Cloud)
- Cloud Backup
- Disaster Recovery as a Service
- Network Connectivity
Operate and maintain Whipcord Edge's Toronto data centre facility and act as a local ambassador for Toronto customers
- Daily IT operations (service provisioning, customer service, ticket management, troubleshooting, monitoring, etc.)
- Infrastructure implementation, maintenance and troubleshooting (network, storage, and computing)
Internal IT support (desktops/laptops, printers, wireless, etc.)
- Data centre infrastructure monitoring and maintenance
- Change management and documentation
- Provide end-user support to both Whipcord customers and employees
- Assist with the design and implementation of new systems and services
Requirements & Skills
Familiarity/Practical experience in at least two of the following fields:
- IP networks (including LAN, WAN, BGP, VPN, and wireless technologies)
- Storage administration (including FC/FCoE, iSCSI, and NAS protocols)
- Virtual infrastructure (VMWare, Hyper-V, or other)
- System administration (Windows, Linux)
- Facilities Management (Power Systems, Alarm, HVAC)
- Structured Cabling
- Customer Focus
- Analytical Problem Solving
- Cooperative Teamwork
- Clear Verbal &Written Communication
- Industry Standards
- Technological Orientation
- English Language fluency
- Willingness to learn!
- Diploma, Degree in Network, Network Security or Computer Science
- Equivalent industry certification such as A+, MCSE, CCNA/CCNP, VCP, etc.)
- Industry relevant experience considered an asset
How to Apply
If you are looking to join a great team, please submit your resume via the form below or email us at email@example.com.
We thank everyone for their interest in this exciting opportunity, however, only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted.