About the Role
Whipcord Edge is looking for a bright, positive and energetic person to join our team as a Linux Systems Administrator. This is an exciting opportunity with a company very focused on growth. This in an onsite role at our Tier 3 Lethbridge Data Centre focusing supporting physical and virtual environments, storage systems, and our backup environments. The successful candidate will be a contributing staff member who is always focused on customer service.
About Whipcord Edge
Whipcord Edge owns and operates two Canadian data centres and a network that stretches from Vancouver to Toronto. Our Tier 3 designed data centres are located in Lethbridge, Alberta (LDC01) and Toronto, Ontario (TDC01). Our POP facilities are located in Vancouver (VAN01), Calgary (CAL01/02) and at Toronto’s carrier hotel (TOR01). Since 2011, Whipcord Edge has established itself as a national provider of IT services and we are proud of our supportive, loyal customer base.
We are a high-performance infrastructure company offering customer-focused data protection and hybrid solutions within our four areas of specialization:
- Infrastructure as a Service (Cloud)
- Cloud Backup
- Disaster Recovery as a Service
- Network Connectivity
- Daily operations (service provisioning, customer service, ticket management, troubleshooting, monitoring, etc.)
- IT infrastructure implementation, maintenance and troubleshooting (network, storage, and compute)
- Assisting with the operation, monitoring and maintenance of data centre infrastructure
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Change management and documentation
- Providing end-user support to both Whipcord customers and employees
Assist with design and implementation of new systems and services
Requirements & Skills:
Practical experience in Linux Systems Administration as well as at least two of the following:
- Storage administration (including FC/FCoE, iSCSI, and NAS protocols)
- Virtual infrastructure (VMWare, Hyper-V, or other)
- System Administration (Windows)
- IP networks (including LAN, WAN, BGP, VPN, and wireless technologies)
- Security (Firewall, Network)
- Customer Focus
- Analytical Problem Solving
- Cooperative Teamwork
- Clear Verbal & Written Communication
- Industry Standards
- Technological Orientation
- English Language fluency
- Willingness to learn!
- Minimum 2 years Linux Systems Administrator experience
- Diploma, Degree in Network, Network Security or Computer Science or e equivalent industry certifications
How to Apply
If you are looking to join a great team, please submit your resume via the form below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank everyone for their interest in this exciting opportunity, however, only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted.